7.22.2011

Inspired By.









I tear myself away from reading this book to bring you a few inspirational posts from around the interwebs. I’ve been on vacation [glorious vacation!] visiting family in Michigan, celebrating my mom’s birthday, and catching up on rest, relaxation and writing. I've worked up some new ideas for the blog, and I implemented a new poetry section here this week.

The following posts, like this time away, have been a breath of fresh air to me this week.

Insecurity kills. "You are worth far more then what you do, so don’t flood the internet with you rantings of what you wish you were."

What to do when your blog growth plateaus. Guest blogger Adam McLane shares some great tips on keeping up the pace when you begin to feel stagnant. My favorite tip: Read a book.

Sometimes I need this reminder: travel young. It's important. I know this, because I've done it. But sometimes in my nostalgia for good memories, I forget that my hunger to see new places isn't a misguided need for escape, but rather a yearning for new opportunities to grow. Travel is a necessary discipline.

The best kind of friendship is encouraging, loving and brutally honest. I'm thankful for the friends in my life who share this with me, because like Jon Acuff shared this week, it's the kind that will help you get better.

Writing a blog: is it about truth, or traffic? It's easy to get the two confused.

And from Enuma Okoro: For the love of God, Write.

And in case you missed them, my new poem and a stunning word portrait.

And finally, I'm seeing this movie tonight for the second time in a week... Yes, it's that good.


Have a good weekend, friends.

1 comments:

Sam | ashore said...

"I forget that my hunger to see new places isn't a misguided need for escape, but rather a yearning for new opportunities to grow"

Lately, I've felt unable to trust myself and these needs too. I need to remember this this life is called the Human Experience because it's important to Experience things, all things!

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts: