7.28.2011

Inspired By.








It's one of those weeks where I can't believe it's Thursday already. And the weekend is jam-packed with a 3-day work event and helping my best friend move into a new apartment - I know, that plan sounds impossible, and a little crazy. It is. But believe me, I'll make it all fit... I hope? That being said, no new hyper-inspiring 500 word blog posts about my under-served creative process have been cooked up for you, dear readers, and no "dropping everything to read" for me. For that, I apologize to you and myself and I promise to do better next week. So, while I'm off and running for a busy weekend, I hope you are able to drop everything and read a good book. But first, read the links below for some inspiration and a couple of good laughs.


Sometimes, putting your foot in your mouth can be a good thing.

Being a good writer isn't good enough; welcome to the frustrated writer's syndrome.

Dear Single Men, A piece of advice: Date a Girl Who Reads.


"In the eyes of young, cool New York, I had unwittingly shaved 10 years off my age by not shaving." - A funny, well written story about an accidental beard.

Did you find any good reads this week? Leave a link or a title for me to catch up on later. Have a good weekend, friends.

3 comments:

Carolynn Cecilia said...

Thank you for the link to London Lisa. What a great post!

renee said...

I wish I had more time to be able to sit and read for hours & hours, but I've always got so much going on! I actually just made a post about one of my favorite light summer reads, Firefly Lane. A few other books I picked up recently are The Genius In All Of Us, By: David Shenk (very interesting,) and Normal Gets You Nowhere, By: Kelly Cutrone (an empowering book for women.) I also like to keep a book of short stories on me (preferable anything by David Sedaris) because it's always nice to have a quick read if you're spending a day at the beach or a park. Sorry this is so long!
<3
justwondrful.blogspot.com

Bethany Suckrow said...

Renee Jennifer - those sound like great suggestions! "Normal Gets You Nowhere" sounds like a book I definitely need to be reading right now. :)

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts: