12.15.2011

Business in the City




Tuesday night I joined Jess Constable of Makeunder My Life for Business in the City, a gathering of small business owners for the purpose of talking through ideas, struggles, and plans related to starting a new business. Now that I've opened my Etsy shop, I'm looking for ways to connect with other small business owners and dialogue with them about this process. Having a network of like-minded people is key to building your business, for moral support, for idea generation, for learning the nuts and bolts of business success. It was so great to hear the diverse ideas and experiences that other attendees were there to share. A definite feeling of we're all in this together

I also had the pleasure of meeting two dear blogging friends live and in person, Abby and Melissa. Abby is a nanny/waitress/traveler/blogger/total free spirit girl that blogs over at Underlined and Bold. She just completed her first ever marathon just because she wanted to "prove to myself that I could do it." How awesome is that?! Keep your eyes open, Abby is doing a giveaway of one of my paintings in the next day or two. And Miss Melissa is a freelance writer that is about to celebrate transitioning from her full time job to her freelance job - so inspiring! Go get 'em, girl.  

Tuesday evening solidified so many things for me. That writing this blog was the best random thing I've ever done. That there are people in this world that understand this visceral need to make an impact, to leave a positive mark, through art and writing and creativity. That the best thing I can do for myself, for others, for the world, is just keep going

Thanks, Jess, for opening up this opportunity for beginners like us to be inspired and motivated. 


3 comments:

Jess LC said...

Thank you SO much for coming and for sharing how great the experience of Business in the City was for you! I hope to see you on January 18th : ).

A. Smith said...

Awesome!!!

Melissa Tydell said...

Yay!  I was so inspired by Business in the City... and SO glad to finally meet you in person.  Keep up the great work.  I'm very excited for your shop, and of course, for more of your writing!

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts: