12.05.2011

book·ish : A Holiday Gift Guide.

With Christmas just around the corner, I've been browsing Etsy for gift ideas. I've found plenty for family, and of course, plenty to pine over for myself. Here are a few gift ideas for the word nerds in your life. 

A Bookish Gift Guide. This one is conglomerative - Woolf, Bronte, Shakespeare, Austen are all noted here, but there are some functional pieces as well. And what reader doesn't love a good houndstooth scarf? 



Let Shakespeare do the talking. Say I love you and Merry Christmas with one of these beautiful pieces.  



book·ish/ˈbo͝okiSH/Adjective


1. (of a person or way of life) Devoted to reading and studying rather than worldly interests.
2. (of language or writing) Literary in style or allusion.
3. (of art and all manner of lovely things) devoted to the written word as a form of art and as a way of seeing the world.
4. (of SheWritesandRights.blogspot.com) anything of the aforementioned characteristics as they are found on the interwebs and reposted by Bethany, because bookish and writerly things always give reason for amusement.

5 comments:

RMBittner said...

Hmmm. . . There don't seem to be any actual *books* on this "bookish" list!

Bethany Suckrow said...

Good observation! Not for this one, but stay tuned for my To-Read in 2012 list, which I'm planning for the last week of December. I feel like buying books for loved ones unless they specifically ask for them is kind of a dangerous game. Your thoughts?

RMBittner said...

For me, it's not dangerous at all. There are a small handful of books I frequently recommend (or just foist on!) friends, because I've found them so powerful. And I'm happy to recommend books to people who would never have considered them otherwise.

Bethany Suckrow said...

to recommend or to buy for them as their Christmas gift? I'm a big advocate of getting them something I already know they want. 

RMBittner said...

Ah, I see. Well, recommendations only go so far. So I've been known to buy books for people who didn't ask for them. But Sylvia's family is very "list" driven when it comes to Christmas, so I always have to be sure to *also* get stuff from their lists.

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts: