12.29.2011

A blogging break.


I am standing this side of something. A tunnel. A current. A dark place. An ocean of grief. It feels so strangely appropriate to stand on the precipice of a new year, and to stand at the ledge of this experience. I know that light awaits me. And I know that the light will not meet me all at once, but in slow, gradual gradients as I make my way across. And then I will stand, feet in the tides, on the opposite shore and welcome the sunrise. But first I must take the plunge.



I’m taking a break from blogging to turn my focus to my mother as she lives out her final days with us. She has battled breast cancer for 14 long years. We are deeply grateful for her life, for her love, for her unwavering faith and strength to the very end. 

I wish each of you a happy new year. See you on the other side. 

9 comments:

Shawndra Russell said...

I'm sorry you and your family are going through this difficult time. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Laura said...

much love to you during this time.

A. Smith said...

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!

Anonymous said...

You and your family are in my thoughts and in my heart.

Sonya Henney said...

God Bless you, you are the very best daughter. I love you Bethany.

Aunt Mary said...

Bethany My heart hurts for you.  You all are in our thoughts and prayers.  God comfort you.

happygohandmade said...

So sorry to hear this. I am sure she will be peaceful with you at her side.

Jeff Finley said...

Although I never met your mom, she obviously was a wonderful woman of God from what I've read here and on Facebook. My prayers are with you and Matt.

Bethany Susan said...

I don't have the words, but fortunately you seem to have said everything I would have wanted to.

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts: