2.17.2012

Inspired By.



Friends, my blog reader is feeling a little stale. It's like going to my closet full of clothes and sighing, "I have absolutely nothing to wear…" This a complete lie, but it's just that feeling that nothing feels new or particularly exciting that makes me feel a little... ennui. The truth is, there are some great pieces in my "favorite blogs" closet, and I love them, and I'm absolutely going to keep them around, but I'm ready to do a little shopping! 

So give me some good deals, okay? Tell me : what's your favorite blog? Leave your favorite in the comments.

My one criteria is not that you share a writing blog, but that you share a blog that has good writing. There is a difference, don't you think? It has to be a good read. And please, make sure it's one that's easy on the eyes. If the design is terrible (i.e. too crazy colors and backgrounds, ridiculous and unreadable fonts) I will immediately click away from it and won't bother reading. See? The clothing analogies are endless when it comes to blog shopping! 

Despite my restlessness, here are a few that I've found this week that did catch my attention.

"A study published last month in the journal Cyberpsychology, Behavior and Social  Networking found that the more time people spent on Facebook, the happier they perceived their friends to be and the sadder they felt as a consequence. What we’re losing, Ms. Turkle said, is a healthy form of compartmentalization." - About over-sharing and over-obsessing in social media.


And let's differentiate between "thinspiration" and "healthspiration," otherwise known as the dark side of Pinterest


The academy is always late to the party (but Adele still deserved the sweep.)


And what's your writing routine? I'm still working on mine. 

Can't wait to explore your links! Have a good weekend, friends.

6 comments:

TGL said...

http://irishgumbo.blogspot.com/

http://aninklingofsorts.blogspot.com/

There ya go :)

Kathrynsiscoe said...

have you checked out my new blog? www.kateinelgin.blogspot.com 

i think it's turning into a stories-about-teaching blog. enjoy :)

Adriana said...

http://sexualityinart.wordpress.com/
Don't be disturbed by the title...

Sarah said...

I'm feeling the same way...I can totally relate to the picture!  It may be that my priorities and interests are so different than what they were when I first discovered blogging, but I sure do need something fresh and new to read!  I hope you get some good links ~ :)

TGL said...

I think you meant wordpress, Kate.

Katherine Willis Pershey said...

Well, I was feeling that same staleness, and happily discovered your blog tonight through a series of links. I'm always happy to meet another writer, especially one who is a neighbor. I'm also in the Chicago suburbs.

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts: