2.01.2012

Guest Poem : Jim Woods



I feel the wind in my face.
I see nothing but space, color and light.
I dream.
I drift as the sky carries me away.
I close my eyes and savor the moment.
I feel the warm light against my face.
I am lifted higher.
I begin to soar, up and down, all around.
I drift away as the sky continues to open.
I find even more colors above.
I continue to drift in the heavens.
As I drift towards you.

~

Jim Woods is a dreamer, writer, and guitar junkie living in Nashville. Jim writes to inspire others to pursue their passions and follow their dreams. You can read Jim's blog at www.unknownjim.com.

2 comments:

Jim Woods said...

Thank you so much for allowing me to share this Bethany! I really appreciate it! 

kati said...

hey jim!  i was checking in to bethany's site, and was delighted to find you here!  we "write practice" junkies are good peop's! :-)

i like the verbs you use here: feel, see, drift, close, soar, find.  very accessible!  it's a meandering poem that brings serenity.

hey i would love to get a critique from you on a piece i posted a couple of days ago on joe's site, http://thewritepractice.com/why-you-need-to-be-writing-empty-headed-dribble/#comment-424159946.  I really appreciated your feedback on my dad letter.

do you tend to write a lot of poem?  or more prose?  i just discovered poetry last year, and i'm already an addict!

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts: