8.23.2011

Detour : St. Joseph, MI.

On our way home from a family wedding this weekend [yay Whitney and Jon!] my husband and I took a detour and stopped in St. Joseph, Michigan. We spent our  honeymoon there two years ago and wanted to revisit Silver Beach, which holds a lot of happy memories for us. Sunday was gorgeous : 78 degrees and sunny. The clouds rolled in as the sun was setting, giving us a spectacular lake view that we couldn't help but capture with some snapshots. The first I took with my iPhone, the rest were taken by Matt with his Nikon D80. 



When I was young I didn't appreciate the natural beauty of Michigan. Then again, most of what I new of the state was southwest Michigan, which really isn't that spectacular away from the lake. Now though, I love that on our way home to Chicago we can stop and drink in a late summer evening, complete with Silver Beach Pizza and a GIANT waffle cone of Kilwin's pistachio ice cream :



1 comments:

Jessica Kathryn Sullivan said...

Gorgeous pictures! Looks like a fun evening. I like the coffee ice cream in a waffle cone:)

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts: