2.25.2011

"Rolling in the Deep"


I don't know about you, but my week coulda been better. It wasn't a disaster at work, or fight with a friend that had me down. There are just some really hard life issues that I feel caught in the middle of.

I read a lot of blogs, and most of the authors, as talented and interesting as they are, don't always admit things like that. Sometimes it makes me wonder, am I the only one that feels like life is caving in on me? Am I the only one that feels weighted down by the pressure of figuring out my career, my marriage, my gifts, my passions, my relationships, my faith?

I know that I am not alone. And so I am admitting that I feel weighted down and scared and frustrated... and inspired and blessed and loved... but not altogether happy right now. I don't admit this so that you can throw me a pity party or beg me to tell you what's wrong or so that you can give me pep talk. I'm admitting it so that in case you feel this way too, you can know that you're not alone.
Sometimes, life is just messy.

Here are some things that really inspired me this week, in spite of everything:

Buy this album. No, really. BUY IT.*

Some funny, belated New Year's Resolutions that I am totally stealing.


My friend Madison has started a healthy living blog - good recipes, and even better info about what's good and bad for us and why. Happy, healthy eating!

Kendi and Bryan: Dream Reporters. They're starting a business, and they're blogging about their journey to success.

Check out Kat's revamped blogspot! She's also got a new product line coming soon, so keep an eye out for her woodland-inspired wonders.

My friend Hollie has started a blog: Baking with Ex-Mix. Join the conversation about gender, culture, and you.

Grace over Karma - that's the kind of faith I can believe in.

Does it Really Matter? A good question to live by.


And finally, just a word of thanks to all the talented, loving, funny, inspiring people that I am surrounded by. You make it worth it. Every day.


*Blog title taken from the album. Did you buy it? Get on it.

2 comments:

Madison said...

I totally understand being down sometimes...when we graduate college, get a job, get married, we're expected to have it all figured out. Sometimes we think our life is going one direction and then God turns the nose of the compass. I've really learned and accepted over the last 3 years that my life is a journey led by God. I'm done trying to predict where it'll end up. This year I'm challenging myself with this...What if what God has for my life is greater than anything I could ever imagine?
Side note:So glad you've enjoyed my blog.

Anonymous said...

I bought the album!! Thanks for your words and for the suggestion.

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts: